English Language Admission Requirement
Do I have to send a TOEFL or IELTS score?
- TOEFL or IELTS scores must be submitted for degree-seeking admission. See our English Requirement Chart for exceptions to this requirement.
What is the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score?
- There is no minimum TOEFL or IELTS score requirement for undergraduate admission.
I didn't take the TOEFL or IELTS. Can I come to KU?
- If you do not have TOEFL or IELTS scores, you may apply as a non-degree student through the Applied English Center. You can take English language courses before applying for admission to a degree program.
- If you have already submitted an application for KU undergraduate admission but haven't taken the TOEFL or IELTS, please email email@example.com and request that your application be processed for the KU non-degree seeking intensive English program (Applied English Center). You do not need to fill out another AEC application form.
Why does KU want my TOEFL or IELTS score?
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are used to give applicants an estimate of how much time they may need to spend in the Applied English Center ESL courses before starting their degree seeking program. Look at the English Requirement Chart to know if you might need to take ESL courses.
Will I have to take ESL courses at KU?
- Regardless of TOEFL or IELTS scores, all new international students will be evaluated for English proficiency upon arrival. This evaluation will determine whether you will enroll in full-time intensive English courses, part-time intensive English courses and part-time degree courses, or full-time degree courses.