F-1 | School Transfer
Currently in F-1 status at any type of institution (high school, college, university, intensive English institute) in the U.S. who plan to change schools must complete the transfer procedure through SEVIS.
Transfer from KU to Another Institution
Students transferring out of KU need to complete the transfer-out procedures:
- Obtain admission to another insitituation
- Complete ISSS's Transfer-Out Request Form
- Submit the Transfer-Out form and proof of admission to an ISSS advisor who can help you establish a transfer release date.
"Transfer Release Date" is the date on which your SEVIS record will electronically transfer to the new school. The new school cannot issue their I-20 until after this release date.
- You cannot continue to work on campus after the transfer release date.
- Should you wish to return to KU it will be necessary for you to apply for readmission.
Transfer to University of Kansas
Please complete the following transfer-in procedures:
- Get admitted to the University of Kansas
- Notify your current school of your intent to transfer
- Complete section 1 of ISSS's Transfer-In Intent form after you've been admitted and you have chosen to attend KU
- Have the Designated School Official (school administrator or international student advisor) at your current institution complete Section 2 of the Transfer-In Intent form.
- After you and your current school have determined the date to have your SEVIS record electronically released to KU, promptly return the Transfer-In Intent form to KU-ISSS.
- After the release date, KU-ISSS will produce an I-20. ISSS cannot produce a KU I-20 until after the release date submitted by your current school.
You are required to report to KU-ISSS office within 15 days of the report date on your KU-I-20 at one of the Mandatory Check-In sessions. For more information please visit our Pre-Arrival page.